John Trumbo, retired Umatilla County Oregon Sheriff, began his law enforcement career in 1973 and rose through the ranks of leadership. Sheriff Trumbo served as Sheriff from 1997 to 2013. He retired in 2013.
During his career and even in retirement, Sheriff Trumbo has served in several capacities including:
- President of the Oregon State Sheriffs Association (2004)
- Executive Board of the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association ( 2004-2013)
- President of Oregon Livestock and Rural Crime Investigators Association (2004-2011)
- Chairman of Umatilla/Morrow County Law Enforcement Association (2007- 2013)
- Director of Pendleton Round-Up Association (2007-2014)
- Board member of Pendleton Cattle Baron’s Weekend (2013-present)
- Vice-President of Pendleton Round-Up Association (2015).
Sheriff Trumbo was also an original member of the Governor’s Meth Task Force and an original member of the Governor’s Medal of Honor Commission (2010 to retired).
John Trumbo is a founding Board Director of CLEAR Alliance.