TMEC module 3
1. What is one strategy tobacco companies may use to increase use of their products?
A. Lower the perception of harm
B. Increase the cost of cigarettes
C. Make tobacco products harder to buy
D. Advertise evidence of harms to health
2. T/F: Social normalization can be described as behavior that a group or society considers to be acceptable or “okay.”
3. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, what is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States?
B. Tobacco use
C. Gun deaths
D. Vehicle crashes
4. T/F: Research on the health harms of smoking has not changed in the last fifty years.
5. T/F: Subliminal advertising uses images and sounds, that the conscious mind is not aware of, to make customers attracted to a product.